Every year, my family gets together and takes a trip to Baltimore to enjoy Monster Jam. We’ve been to 1st Mariner Arena many times for the show and have always enjoyed ourselves. However, when we heard they were taking over M&T Bank Stadium for the first time last year, we were doubly excited. If you have not seen a Monster Jam show, this weekend gives you the perfect opportunity, and here are a few reasons to go:
Top 5 Reasons to go to Monster Jam
- The stadium setting is perfect for this event. The larger arena allows for higher jumps, faster trucks and bigger stunts. Also, the fact that it is held outdoors means the noise is not as deafening, and earplugs are recommended, but not required! (It also gives you another reason to see M&T Bank Stadium in all its glory outside of football season!)
- Grave Digger! This iconic monster truck is familiar to even those that are not monster truck enthusiasts. At this weekend’s show, you get to see not one Grave Digger, but TWO of them! They never fail to put on a phenomenal show.
- The Party in the Pits is a great place to take the kids prior to the event. Meet the drivers, get autographs, and stand in amazement at the size of the trucks up close and personal.
- The BMX Stunt Team will take your breath away. Their talent and daring will keep you on the edge of your seat, as they flip and make death-defying jumps around the course.
- And finally, my personal all-time favorite reason to attend a Monster Jam show is to people watch! The show appeals to young and old, and it’s always entertaining to watch people’s reactions and enthusiasm as the trucks participate in each event. Make sure you check out the hairstyles and outfits in the stands.
So, if you’re on the fence about whether you should go to Monster Jam or not sure if the event is for you, hopefully you’ll reconsider. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to see M&T Bank Stadium transformed into mounds of dirt, broken and battered cars and obstacles. And, just seeing those loud, gigantic trucks careening around the track will make you want to put a lift on your car and drag race after the show!